V.Ships seeks to provide the
highest standards of service to its customers and, to achieve this,
the company fully recognizes the vital role that its sea staff
V.Ships, therefore, recognizes:
The right to a safe and secure workplace that complies with safety
- The right to fair terms of employment.
- The right to decent living and working conditions
- The right to health protection and welfare measures and other
forms of social protection.
- The full implementation of the above rights.
Furthermore, V.Ships confirms its
commitment to ensuring that:
- Employment is offered to seafarers free of charge.
- A workplace free of discrimination of any kind is
- Wage payments and allotments are paid in a timely fashion and
measures are in place to verify this.
- All seafarers receive wages to which they are contractually
- Every effort is made to relieve seafarers at the time
stipulated in the contract of employment and that measures are in
place to achieve this.
- Recruiting offices provide a welcoming environment and
courteous disposition towards all seastaff.
- Shorebased employees treat all seastaff with respect at all
times and that this respect is reciprocated to promote harmony
- There is follow up of any complaint from seafarers alleging non
compliance with this Charter.
- There is commitment to improving seafarers lives at sea and
ashore as an ongoing priority.
If you are not treated in
accordance with the provisions of this charter you may contact the
following email address and your complaint will be investigated: email@example.com.